- i cant believe im discussing this in 2 thousand fucking 14.
- this is the typical overused immensely refuted ‘homosexuality is unnatural’ lame ass “argument”: reproduction is the purpose of sex; same-sex intercourse cannot produce offspring; ergo, homosexuality is unnatural.
(((( someone hold me back ))))
as u would know if u took literally 2 minutes of ur life to research about this shit, while reproduction is 1 function of sexual intercourse, it is FAR from the only one. many animal species (actually over 1000 species have been shown to engage in same-sex mating and pair-bonding) engage in non-reproductive sexual behavior. why? bc the benefits of regular sex are so many i probs wont be able to mention them all but (as most rational ppl should know, emphasis on rational) sex improves ppl’s ability to deal with stress, lowers blood pressure, boosts antibody production, burns calories, reduces the chance of a heart attack, improves self-esteem, deepens intimacy, raises pain tolerance, reduces the risk of prostate cancer, reduces incontinence, improves sleep; stabilizes the menstrual cycle, improves bone and muscle health, keeps one’s skin looking more youthful, promotes longevity, improves tissue repair, reduces cholesterol, reduces depression, relieves nasal congestion, slows tooth decay, protects against osteoporosis, protects against alzheimer’s, helps prevent endometriosis, alleviates arthritis pain, lessens cramps, reduces the risk of breast cancer, reduces risk of stroke, and boosts energy ((just to name a few))
- also evolutionarily speaking immediate reproductive success (having lots of children) is less important than long-term reproductive success (like having many grandchildren n great-grandchildren n great-great-grandchildren and so on) in fact having some non-reproductive adults who can provide extra food n security n assist with child rearing and even act as parents to children who have been orphaned will make the group as a whole more successful in the long-term
- your problem is not reproduction, ur problem is simply gay ppl having sex because not strangely this argument never comes up to support the notion that straight infertile couples should not have sex.
- i cannot. believe. u brought up. pedophiles. should i even bother with this… did you forget to turn on anon… how is this. real. life. do you realize you are equating the right of ppl to have sex with a consenting adult to the right of acting on the impulse to abuse children. i thought it was common sense that the avoidance of harm and the protection of others takes precedence over what someone wants to do… assuming u consider pedophilia a sexual orientation (for the sake of the argument let’s asume it is) it is obvious that there are certain sexual orientations that are simply not ok to indulge no matter if u “were born that way” like if you find sex with someone against their will attractive, if you find sex with animals attractive, if you find sex with children attractive, etc.
- this better be a troll.